The Florida Department of Health sends renewal notices to licensees at least 90 days prior to the expiration date of their license. To ensure that you receive the renewal notice, it is important that your mailing address on file with the Department is current. Notifying the Department of a change in mailing address or practice address is the responsibility of the licensee, according to s. 456.035, Florida Statutes. If you fail to update your mailing address, you may not receive important correspondence from the Department of Health or the Board of Medicine.
Through the Medical Quality Assurance (MQA) Services, licensees are able to update their mailing address online. The following steps will walk you through updating your mailing address online:
- Go to flhealthsource.gov and click on “Provider Services”.
- Click “MANAGE YOUR LICENSE” which will take you to the MQA Online Services portal.
- Select your profession from the dropdown list then enter your User ID and Password.
- Note: Your User ID and Password were mailed with your initial physical license. If you do not have your User ID and Password, click “Get Login Help?”
- Once you have successfully logged in, click “Update Addresses” on the left side of the page.
- Enter your current address into the form and then click “Process”.
- You will receive a confirmation page that displays the updated address.
We encourage you to update your mailing address with the Department before your renewal window opens. For licensees whose licenses are expiring on January 31, 2016, the renewal window opens around late September/early October of 2015. If your mailing address is not up-to-date before this time, you may not receive your renewal notice, which contains important renewal information.
Remember: Update your mailing address far before the deadline and be renewal ready.
For more information regarding renewals, please visit our website.