To All Interested Parties:
The Florida Department of Health is currently accepting applications from qualified candidates who are interested in serving on the Florida Advisory Council of Medical Physicists. The Advisory Council of Medical Physicists is an advisory council to the Department of Health, and was legislatively established to assist the department by recommending rules, practice standards consistent with the Guidelines for Ethical Practice for Medical Physicists prepared by the American Association of Physicists in Medicine, disciplinary guidelines, and continuing education requirements for licensed medical physicists.
The council consists of nine members, each of whom meets one of the following requirements:
- Three Florida licensed medical physicists
- One who specializes in diagnostic radiological physics
- One who specializes in therapeutic radiological physics
- One who specializes in nuclear radiological physics
- One Florida licensed physician who is board certified by the American Board of Radiology or its equivalent
- One Florida licensed physician who is board certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Radiology or its equivalent
- One Florida licensed chiropractic physician who practices radiology
- Three consumer members who are not, and have never been, licensed as a medical physicist or licensed in any closely related profession
The Florida Department of Health’s mission is to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts. Serving as a member of the Council of Medical Physicists is a unique and rewarding experience that will not only help the department fulfill its mission, but will also provide an opportunity to help shape the future of the profession in the state of Florida.
Individuals who meet the qualifications listed above and are interested in protecting the health and safety of the people of Florida should contact Joseph Lesho at (850) 245-4396 or Joseph.Lesho@flhealth.gov.