You are invited to attend an Office Surgery Registration Workshop hosted by The Florida Board of Medicine, Florida Board of Osteopathic Medicine, and the Division of Medical Quality Assurance’s Bureau of Enforcement.
Date: Wednesday, November 7, 2018
Time: 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM
Place: Doubletree Orlando Sea World
The workshop will provide:
- An introduction to the program
- The history of the Office Surgery Registration program
- A brief summary of the nurse inspectors
- Program statistics
- A review and discussion of the Office Surgery Registration inspection form and most common deficiencies
- Surgical Logs – 12
- Crash Cart – 27
- Compliance with Patient/Procedures Records – 10
- Compliance with Informed Consent – 11
- Notification in Writing to the Department of Any Changes to the Registration – 5
- Office Equipment/Supplies – 26
- Current Equipment Performance Standards – 7
- Risk Management Program Documentation & Review – 18d
- Patient Evaluation Immediately Before Surgery – 9a
- Compliance with Risk Management Program – 18
- Compliance with Pre-Operative Evaluation – 9
Five (5) continuing education credits will be available for attendees.
Seats are limited. Interested parties should preregister here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Y5HNV6W
The survey registration link will close October 15, 2018.
The agenda and workshop materials will be posted on the Board of Medicine webpage before the meeting.